I guess you are quite familiar with this rhyme “Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you…”
Well, we really have to elaborate further on the message this particular rhyme has. This is something that children in elementary school often cheerfully sing at the top of their voice. As adult, we sometimes find ourselves wondering about various types of beliefs we hold that literally started as misconceptions we had when we were children. There are some people who have been on a healthy eating plan who somehow give up on the idea of eating beans along with other legumes, this largely has to do with the belief they have concerning the type of gassy side effects beans has in the sense that will ensure they are eating alone for the near future.
In fact, you do have the ability to bring under control the gassy side effects legumes cause in the intestine you are very concerned of, but the truth is you can diversify and make your healthy eating more nutritious by incorporating them into your diet plan.
The many benefits of legumes are…
- They are rich in fiber.
- They contain essential vitamins along with minerals.
- A protein rich substitute to meat.
- Help preventing heart diseases related as well as some other types of cancers effectively.
- Play a major role in stabilizing blood sugar level as a result of being low on the glycemic index, and
They can be added as an essential element in a healthy eating plan.
Foods such as beans, peas, along with lentils they all fall within the category of legume, however beans is one of the most consumed seeds and are available in huge quantity. They are also able to be adapted easily to many different recipes. More importantly, legumes can either play a vital role in your healthy eating plan, or make use of it as a means to add more flavor to both soups and salads.
1) Use it alfalfa in both salads as well as sandwiches. The wonderful things about alfalfa sprouts is that they not only can be used to improve the quality of your salad, they are filled with nutrients such as protein, B vitamins, calcium, as well as vitamins C, D, E, and K. In case you are committed to eating healthy then all you have to do is to use them. In that case there is nothing to lose as far as acquiring critical nutrients are concerned.
2) Make use of beans in soups along with dips. In fact, beans are a type of food that are rich in fiber that is the main reason you feel very full soon when eating them. Incorporating them as part of a soup simply means you can reduce the sandwich you were going to eat by half by making the soup the centerpiece of your healthy eating habit.
3) Legumes can be used as an alternative to meat. Having said all of that, legumes don’t have any cholesterol. If it turns out that you are threatened by heart disease as well as stroke, it’s good practice to replace red meat by beans because that is an excellent way of cutting out foods that are primarily responsible for raising your cholesterol level without having to substitute vital protein the body needs in order to operate properly.
4) Ensure that dried or canned beans are kept handy in your pantry for crunch times. It’s quite typical that we occasionally experience difficulties regarding having sufficient time needed to prepare dinner before going out. With that being said, this is where beans come into play as an incredible alternative; the truth is that it is much healthier than any fast food you will ever pick up at a drive through.
Can beans provoke an increase of intestinal gas? Of course, yes. However, the good news is that there are proven ways that you can successfully bring it under control. If you get the chance to cook the beans yourself, make sure that you don’t use the same water you soak them in, because of the fact that the indigestible sugars that are responsible for gas are absorbed by the water. You can rather simmer the beans, in order to make it easily digestible.
Therefore, to get back to the point that was earlier regarding people who avoid eating beans because of the gassy side effect they contain. The thing is that you can let just that intimidate you from getting the rich nutrients beans contain which are helpful in combating certain type of diseases while that particular side effect your are worried about can be brought under control by applying these tips mentioned above.