A huge number of people who are in need of losing weight as well as being healthy through dieting find themselves being completely ensnared into the trap of purchasing what’s so called “healthy” or “diet” foods, without being aware that their behavior may actually be doing themselves more harm than good. That is the main reason you need to be very careful when it comes down to commercials that feature “fat free” products.
The type of meal that people generally seem to have problem with, for a multitude of reasons is lunch. It could be that:
They did not anticipate it, consequently they go out.
The amount of time they have between meetings is not sufficient.
They simply use the vending machine as a result of working during lunch.
In fact, we often have trouble with lunch because it comes at, perhaps, the time that seems to be least convenient during the day. This is a time, through which we are often busy at work, picking up the kids, or getting chores done. In all honesty, there is just no time for that! In an attempt to not deserting our diet, we simply eat what can be considered as “health” foods, thinking that, it is much better to eat something than nothing at all.
Having said all of that, if you are trying to be healthy while struggling to find time to eat the right thing there are 5 foods that you should avoid eating. The way that people become discouraged on a diet is when they eliminate all the foods that can be labeled as unhealthy they enjoy the most by replacing them with “healthy”, “diet” foods, and yet see no improvement regarding the scale.
To keep you encourage and satisfied, here are a list of 5 foods you should not eat.
1) Fat-free anything: The problem is that any type of food in which the fat is removed completely out of it, by definition, it’s known as “Highly processed” and filled with sugar, gums, and other substances in order to preserve both taste along with consistency. By saying that, fat is not generally a bad thing, under the sole condition that it is the right kind and amount.
2) Salad dressing: This includes all types of dressing; it does not matter whether it’s full fat or fat free. By overloading on salad dressing, you can cause it to become less healthy than even a fast food hamburger, which might be quite shocking to you if you were not aware of that. Avoid thing like creamy dressing completely, and make use of vinaigrette sparingly. Furthermore, make use of oil as well as vinegar, or a squeeze of lemon instead of using dressing.
3) Sushi: This type of food can be very deceptive in the event we don’t know what it’s made up of. When we see sushi we tend to think about healthy fish, however we often fail to realize completely what it’s wrapped in. One of the ingredients that is used invariably in sushi is white rice, which is both processed and stripped of almost all nutrients.
4) Veggie chips: The problem about potato chips does not have anything to do with the potato itself, it’s the chips. Because anything fried in oil (and covered with salt as well as other type of preservatives) is something that you should stay away from. In that case, It’s much better for you to bake your own vegetable by using olive or coconut oil. It’s also highly recommended that you both prepare and cook your own meal if you have time to because by doing so gives you the opportunity to exercise more control on the ingredients that are being used.
5) Smoothies: They can be great when you make them yourself. Shops in which smoothies are sold often make use of frozen yogurt or ice cream just as a mixer. Which causes them to be very high in fat, and are loading with sugar. You need to ensure that you have an idea of what your smoothie is made up of because there are other healthy alternatives that can be used.
As a final point, maintaining and losing weight in order to be fit as well as healthy does require lot of sacrifices. In fact, that’s a matter of life principle. Anything valuable you would like to achieve in this life will always come with challenges, headaches, as well as sacrifices. Meaning that there is a process you have to go through in order to get there. You can’t wish anything into existence, you have to make it happen. The good news is that achieving your desired weight goal is something that is doable with a strong will and persistence.